Monday, November 28, 2011

Today is the DAY!

After two years of not knowing what to do with my novel (and quite a few edits), I am going to publish it myself TODAY!


I have chosen this route for many reasons...but the main one is because I get to retain total control over my work. And, let's face it, writing a book is like any other creative endeavor...you pour quite a bit of who you are into the project along the way. It's something I've spent days in a row, awake, typing as fast as my fingers could fly to try to get the thoughts bouncing around in my head down onto paper before they disappeared. Weeks of outlining plot, and filling it in with words. Admittedly, not every one of my original thoughts made the final edit, but most are there. I like the way my story evolved, and who by characters turned out to be; some of them even surprised me with the things they did and said.


'For Keeps' is a story I would enjoy reading at the end of the day, cozied up on the couch with a hot tea. 


I hope you all enjoy it, and come to love the characters as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment